Lean in Europe- Visit 13- Rational AG
On Tuesday 23rd May, the EU-Japan Centre organised a Lean in Europe visit, to Rational AG, in Landsberg am Lech, in Bavaria (Germany).
A preparatory evening was organised the previous day. It included lean activities and a networking dinner hosted by the EU-Japan Centre. The next day was devoted to the visit to Rational AG.
The visit focused on:
- 100% KANBAN for purchasing material and in-house component production
- cascade shopfloor management
- entrepreneur within the enterprise (personal responsibility)
- 100% customer order-related
- pilots in industry 4.0
- Learnt about Rational AG, which produces industrial kitchen products and has a 54% share of the global market
- Seen world-class principles in action with lectures, shop-floor visits, coaching and detailed explanations provided by the host company
- Gave feedback to Rational AG on various ways of improvement
Costs - who pays what?
The visit and preparatory evening was free of charge. However, participants needed to cover their own travel and accommodation costs. For eligibility and other details on our future Lean visits please see the main Lean in Europe Driving Competiveness webpage.
Should you have any questions please email Ellen Murrell