LEAN IN EUROPE-VISIT 14- ROLLS ROYCE
On Friday 23 Septemper, the Eu-Japan Centre will organise a Lean in Europe visit to Rolls Royce, aerospace facility, in Washington Tyne and Wear in the United Kingdom.
A networking evening followed by dinner will be organized the day before. The next day will be devoted to Rolls Royce.
The Rolls-Royce UK Advanced Disc manufacturing facility visit will focus on its factory transformation journey from old to new covering:
- Method of manufacture transformation (High Pressure Disc Machining)
- Cultural and organisation development
- Lean approach
- Production System deployment
- Drive to Zero Defects
- Lean engagement
- Join an interactive session all day long, which will include a mixture of class room discussion and factory tours.
- See world-class principles in action with shop-floor visits, coaching and detailed explanations provided by the host company
- Give feedback to Rolls Royce on various ways of improvement
Costs - who pays what?
The visit and preparatory evening will be free of charge. However, participants needed to cover their own travel and accommodation costs. For eligibility and other details on our future Lean visits please see the main Lean in Europe Driving Competiveness webpage.
Deadline: Passed. Should you have any questions on future Lean visits please email Ellen Murrell